Sunday, September 29, 2013

Photo Essay

Here and Now



        

Lloyd Hall Scholars Program



I knew I wanted to be apart of the Lloyd Hall Scholars Program, but everything it has to offer truly did surprise me. It is so amazing to be apart of this community and I really did not realize how much it would help me throughout my freshman year. I came from a very small high school and LHSP in so many shapes and forms has given me a place to feel like I am apart of a tight knit community. Teachers to make true relationships with, classes that are intimate, friends and scholars that are like minded, clubs to share ideas with such creative people, a beautiful place to live and many more special things.


Nichols Arboretum





After being at Michigan for a month I still have much to explore in the infamous arb. Prior to coming to Michigan I heard some things about this place from friends, but I really was unaware of what was inside here. It has already become my favorite place to run on campus because of its unbelievable amount of beauty. Although I've ran here multiple times, I feel like there is still so much to see and explore. I also want to spend time in there, other than when I want to go on a nice run. It seems to me that so much creative thinking could be produced inside the arb. 



GAME DAY



Since I have arrived at the University of Michigan this most fits the "idea" I had before I came. Having the most amazing tailgates anyone will ever experience, waking up at 7.30am after going to sleep late the night before and learning the Michigan fight song. All I've heard before coming here is that the school spirit is so incredible and contagious. Everyone, in there own ways, has proved that to be right. GO BLUE.






1 comment:

  1. Despite the size, it definitely is possible to make a large university small. I completely agree with your thoughts on LHSP, as I, too, came from a small town. Although I came from a graduating class of 650, I was excited and a little nervous to enter the Big House. Quite frankly, UMich was a backup plan for me; I had my heart set on going to California for school, however, financial circumstances led me to choose otherwise. But LHSP helped me in more ways than I possibly imagined.

    ReplyDelete