Sunday, October 27, 2013

Blog post 12


Improved respiration

energy and 

vitality


Stress Reduction



Ever since the day I arrived in Ann Arbor in August, I have felt that I have very little down time. The University of Michigan has too much to offer and it is hard to turn down the enormous amounts of  opportunities that are at our finger tips. On top of everything outside of class, the University is also very academically challenging. It really is a challenge to find time to take care of my health, keep up with my studies, and enjoy myself. Although it is challenging, it is such a good learning experience for us all. Recently one thing I began letting go of was working out and eating healthy. These two things are very important to me, but I felt like I no longer had the time to do so. I continued to stay sick and realized I needed to make these things more of a priority for myself. As I mentioned in one of my early blog posts, I enjoy running in the arb and I began to do that again. Also, my friend invited to go to a yoga place with her friday afternoon and it was one of the most amazing ways to let everything go. I hadn't done yoga in a very long time and I forgot how incredible it feels mentally and physically. It is relaxing, energizing and strengthening for both the mind and the body. Although when I went, I still wasn't feeling my best, it enhanced my state of mind and I allowed so many toxins to exit my body. This is something I am going to continue to make a priority in my life while at the
University of Michigan. I believe it will keep me in better health, give me more enthusiasm for my every day life and allow to have a better sense of inner well-being. 













"Yoga helps clean blood of waste material (through lymphatic stimulation), and trains us to loosen muscles and joints that are ignored in our day-to-day lives"







http://livewell360.com/2009/04/7-reasons-why-yoga-should-be-a-vital-part-of-your-fitness-regimen/

http://life.gaiam.com/article/benefits-yoga


2 comments:

  1. Yoga seriously is one of the best stress-relievers out there. Or exercise in general!

    ReplyDelete