Friday, November 1, 2013

Ending thoughts on Purple Hibiscus

I was able to close the last page of this novel and be satisfied with what Adichie provided us with all the way through. The main thing that leaves me thinking after finishing the novel is Papa. His character is confusing, what does he really represent, what does he really want for his family?? At first it was relieving to here that he died, but I'm still left confused how I actually feel. I also want to take into play the fact that Kambili was so torn by his death because I truly respect her as a character. Adichie wrote such a beautiful novel I feel like I really can have feelings towards these characters. I was left so happy for Kambili. She deserves the opportunity to start up a new life in America. Overall, I really enjoyed this novel!





No comments:

Post a Comment