Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Growing


Music is the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about something that has grown on you. A lot of the times it can be as simple as not even noticing the song, to hearing it over and over again until it begins to catch you. I have noticed that plenty of songs I hear for the first time annoy me, but as I hear them once or twice more the song begins to feel rather catchy than bothersome. Not only can the tune help one grow to like the song, but also the meaning. Food, books, and movies all have the ability to “grow” on a person for various reasons. The object and/or subject never does the growing, but rather the person. I have noticed this with food for me personally. Over the years my palate has grown and continues to grow everyday. When I was little I was SO picky and basically only ate cheese and bread- so much cheese my family called me the “cheese monster.” Everyday for lunch my mom would pack me cheese and mayo sandwiches. ( I know – disgusting) I still do loooove cheese, but I can barley even look at mayo. Although, I used to only eat cheddar cheese and now I love tasting all different kinds and will most likely love every one that comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment