Wednesday, November 20, 2013

23

Assessing Blogs













As stated in my earlier posts, layout is something I think is very important in a blog post. If words are nicely put on the page and they align well with the images it is going to make the reader eager and excited to read the post. Another eye catcher for a blog post is the title. As we talked about in class titles are very important, but especially important for a blog post. When scrolling through my classmates blogs, I find myself using the titles as one of the main ways to decide whether or not I want to fully engage myself in that particular post. Also, when the post goes back and fourth between words and photographs I think it makes it more interesting as a reader. 














That way we don’t only have to visualize what the writer is talking about in our heads, but it is right there on the page for us. Again, for me the look of the blog plays a big role, but the context must be interesting as well to create an outstanding or excellent blog post.  The blogs that stand out to me the most are the ones with strong voices, but voices that are able to express themselves in many styles. It is nice to read one blog that writes in different ways. Long posts, short posts, poetry and prose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment